Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The 303RD...

On the 7th of this month I was lucky enough to be asked by the 303rd's FRG to come and Photograph their Welcome Home Warrior Citizen Ceremony down at the Soldiers and Sailors home! I was truly honored that they thought of me, and was blessed to have been there to see these Hero's get the awards they deserve!
I shot the ceremony, and then headed up-stairs to take some pictures of the families and get some candids of the luncheon upstairs. I was just wandering around snapping, surprising family after family when they turned around and the camera was right there...then one woman came up and asked me if I would take a picture of her father with some of the men. "Of course" I stated and she went to get him, and I started gathering up some of the troops that were wandering by. He was in a wheel chair, and we wheeled him in front of the troops. I took one shot, but he had other plans. He isisted on standing for the rest. This is one my favorite shots of that day, just the look on his face. I'll let the picture tell it all.

No comments: